New bookings only | See opening hours
Calling from a mobile? Use 020 7082 0380 for std rate

About » Travel information

Travel information - Useful travel links

Why Fleetway Travel?

  • Transparent & Simple Pricing

  • Trusted for Over 43 Years

  • ABTA Members & ATOL holders

ATOL Protected You get an ATOL Certificate with every holiday booked with Fleetway

Full Members of ABTA The Uk's Travel Agency Association for complete confidence in your booking

Independent Reviews Reviews on our service and holidays from REAL customers. See for yourself that we give such a good level of service with Feefo and Review Centre

approval rating

Low Deposit Take advantage of our Low Deposit option and secure your holiday today.

read more Low Deposit Holiday Details:

  • You are able to pay a deposit if you are traveling in 12 weeks time or more
  • Deposits start from only £49 for holidays, and £5 per person on accommodation
  • You can pay your deposit online by ticking the 'pay deposit' box on the checkout or by calling and informing the sales consultant during the call
*Please note if a booking made via Travel Zoo or certain other promotional third party deal where full payment is required, a deposit is not applicable and does not form part of our Terms and Conditions in respect of payment or cancellation.

UK call centres
open 7 days
with experienced & dedicated staff

The Association of British Travel Agents - click here

IATA - Personalised Passport, Visa & Health travel documentation advice

IATA - the International Air Transport Association - works with its airline members and the air transport industry as a whole to promote safe, reliable, secure and economical air travel for the benefit of the world's consumers. IATA's 240 member airlines comprise 94% of all international traffic. IATA employs 1400 people located in 90 offices that serve over 130 countries around the world.

The Association of British Travel Agents - click here

The Association of British Travel Agents

The Association of British Travel Agents is the UK's Premier Trade Association for Tour Operators and Travel Agents. ABTA's 1052* tour operator and 6310* travel agency offices are responsible for the sale of some 85% of UK-sold holidays. * Figures correct as of October 2004

BBC weather reports - click here

BBC weather reports

Click here to see BBC weather reports

Currency Express - click here

Currency Information

is a trading name of International Currency Exchange plc (ICE) - an independent world leader in foreign exchange. Currency Express the leading on-line, one-stop foreign exchange specialist in the UK, offering you the ultimate deal in foreign currency.

The Columbus World Travel Guide - click here

The Columbus World Travel Guide

The Columbus World Travel Guide is known as 'the Bible of the Travel Industry'. For 26 years we have published the Columbus World Travel Guide which is sold in over 90 countries worldwide..

United Kingdom Passport Service UKPS - click here

United Kingdom Passport Service (UKPS)

The United Kingdom Passport Service (UKPS) site aims to assist new applicants and existing passport holders by providing information and online facilities for all aspects of application, renewal and amendments of passports for British nationals resident in the UK.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office - click here

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office

The purpose of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office is to work for UK interests in a safe, just and prosperous world. We do this with some 16,000 staff, based in the UK and our overseas network of over 200 diplomatic offices.

Department of Health - click here

Department of Health

Every year, people living in the UK go on more than 60 million trips abroad. Find out how this section of the Department of Health website can help you have a healthy journey – and to deal successfully with any medical emergencies that might happen.

European Health Insurance Card EHIC - click here

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

Travelling in Europe? Make sure you've got a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as well as travel insurance. An EHIC is free and it could save you a lot of money if you need medical help while you are away. For more information please visit or call 0845 606 2030.

New EU security regulations - click here

New EU security regulations

New EU security regulations, effective from 6th November 2006. The European Union (EU) has adopted new security rules that restrict the amount of liquids that you can take through security checkpoints. They apply to all passengers departing from airports in the EU whatever their destination. Please click here for full information.

Important visa information before you travel to the USA - click hereImportant visa information before you travel to the USA

US VISA INFORMATION All non-US Citizens with a Visa or on the Visa Waiver Programme are being finger scanned and digitally photographed on arrival in the United States at air and sea ports of entry. The finger scan and photograph requirement will apply to travellers aged 14-79 years old.

› New Regulation for entry to the United States effective as of 12 January 2009

ALL PEOPLE TRAVELLING must possess a passport in their own name, infants and children included. It is not acceptable for a child or infant to travel on a parent's passport.

Travellers from Visa Waiver Programme Countries must present either a Machine-Readable Passport or a Valid U.S. Visa. Visa waiver travellers from all 27 Visa Waiver Programme countries must present either a machine-readable passport or a valid U.S. visa. Travellers with a valid U.S. visa will not be required to have machine-readable passports.

If the person does NOT have a machine readable passport, then they will have to apply for a visa to enter the United States which will involve a personal interview at the US Embassy in London. Further, if a person travelling holds a criminal record, including for driving offences, then they will have to apply for a visa to enter the United States which will involve a personal interview at the US Embassy in London.

Please note that Fleetway Travel Ltd does not arrange such interviews - this is the responsibility of the passengers travelling.

This applies to people travelling for business, pleasure or transit only, and staying in the United States for 90 days or less. In addition, they must hold a return or onward ticket. If travelling on an electronic ticket, a copy of the itinerary must be carried for presentation to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service USCIS). Note: Travellers with onward tickets terminating in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the Caribbean Islands must be legal permanent residents of these areas.

Passengers requiring more information, can either visit the US Embassy website at or call their Operator Assisted Visa Information Service on 09042 450 100 Monday through Friday, between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm, and Saturday, between 09.00 am and 4.00 pm. The service is not available on British public holidays. Calls to this line are charged at £1.30/min from BT landlines. Some mobile and network providers may charge more. Callers from outside the United Kingdom and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number. They can also write to:

The Consular Information Unit
United States Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square

What does a machine-readable passport look like?

Machine-readable passports allow data in the passport to be scanned automatically by a machine. The two lines of printed OCR-B machine-readable data (circled in red in the image of a U.S. machine-readable passport shown on the left) are the most noticeable features of a machine-readable passport. If you are in any doubt as to whether or not your passport is a machine-readable passport, you should check with the passport issuing authority of your country.