Role: Financial Controller
Location: Marble Arch, London
Fleetway is one of the UK’s most successful travel operators, creating and selling amazing travel experiences. We are ranked as the UK’s top travel agent according to Review Centre. Based in central London (near Marble Arch) we are growing rapidly in both, the UK and International Markets. Fleetway is going through a transition, changes in booking system and the knock effect on finance processes.
The successful candidate will likely be 5-7 years PQE with good communication and able to demonstrate experience of cross departmental systems/process improvements. You are likely to currently be in your first/second FC role, or you could be a Senior Financial Manager, from Travel sector, looking for your first FC role. The current team size is 5 plus temps, currently headed by two managers, one managing financial operations and the AP team, the other in an MA role. You will need to be hands on in financial accounting matters (tax, audit, compliance etc).
Your key qualities:
- Able to support CFO & CEO
- Understanding of Service Sector SME (candidates with Travel Sector Experience required)
- Strong experience of Finance systems/reporting and reservation systems
- Experience of evaluating current systems, implementing new improved systems, communicating and embedding through all key touch points, restructuring/training in the face of system improvement – continuous improvement of systems accounting
- Strong background of commercial/business acumen, understanding of inter-departmental workflows with evidence of working across functional teams vital
- Excellent communication skills, assertive
- Commercially aware and flexible
- Knowledge of Sage 200 preferable
- Able to build strong relationships with 3rdParties – CAA, Credit card companies, banks and manage information flow to tax accountants/auditors (RSM (Audit company) help with prep of accounts, person doesn’t need to be a tax expert)
- Roll sleeves up job, some technical accounting
- Evidence of staff development/mentoring/ maximising team members’ potential would be an advantage
If you think you are suited to this role please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you! Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we expect to receive, we will not be able to respond to these individually. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks from the date of sending in your application, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.