Role: Head of Sales/ General Sales Manager
Location: Sheffield with UK Travel
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Who are we?
Fleetway is one of the UK’s most successful travel operators, creating and selling amazing travel experiences.
We are looking for an industry experienced General Sales Manager/Head of Sales who will oversee and lead the sales function of both office and homeworker sales staff within Fleetway. This full time role will be based in the new Sheffield premises, but you will also occasionally travel to London and will conduct homeworker visits one day a week, so car owner and clean licence is essential, as is flexibility.
- Work with the leadership team to define the sales strategy
- Work with the sales managers to develop and upskill sales consultants to their full potential
- Focus on business development revenue and growth
- Oversee and drive the Sales function to increase performance revenue and conversions
- Direct line management of Sales Managers, consisting of duty day sales manager and shift cover
- Create sales and conversion target rates that consistently drive and motivate all sales consultants
- To identify new sales opportunities for sales staff and actively develop these
- Work closely with other departments especially Product, Commercial and Marketing to ensure sales agents have clarity on the products we offer, as well as the tools required to optimise sales
- In depth knowledge of the travel industry
- Hands on people management capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail
- Management a sales environment as well as sales agents and homeworkers
- Willing to travel between Sheffield and other locations in England
- Ability to develop effective trusted working relationships
- Ability to prioritise work and multi task at all times
- IT Systems (Internet booking systems, Amadeus, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexibility and adaptability in responding to changing business needs
- Enthusiastic, willingness to learn and grow through the company
Benefits - We offer 25 days paid holidays, plus public holidays company pensions scheme
If you would like to apply for this post, please apply with your CV and covering letter with the reference [GSM0818] in the subject heading to. Your cover letter will outline why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for the role.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we are expecting, we will not be able to respond to individual applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date of submitting your application, then please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES