- Job Title: Product Manager
- Team: Product & Commercial
- Reporting to: Head of Product and Commercial
- Location: Head Office, London
Who are we?
Fleetway is one of the UK’s most successful travel operators, creating and selling amazing travel experiences. We are ranked as the UK’s top travel agent according to Review Centre. We offer great package deals to amazing locations and we are passionate about opening up the world to every person and for a price that will make you smile.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a successful and driven Product Manager to join our small and very busy Product team of five. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Product Manager with solid negotiation and contracting experience to come in and develop new and exciting travel products. Ideally with some experience covering Europe, mainly across Italy, France and Benelux countries.
The role requires a candidate willing to go the extra mile to deliver market leading products and offers a real opportunity to make a difference in a medium size business. The ideal candidate for this position can expect to be very hands on, working on their own initiative and have the autonomy to really develop their geographic product range. You will be proactive and results oriented, with the drive and initiative to successfully push product forward within a competitive market place, delivering on commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Negotiate FIT contracts as well as promotional offers with hotels Manage relationship with bed banks, ground contractors to obtain promotional offers
- Manage day to day relationships with suppliers
- Package special offers for the relevant distribution channels in line with the product strategy of the company and ensure the products are optimised for our customer base
- Ensure that all products are capable of delivering high levels of quality for the business and assess where improvements can be made to ensure our product remains the market leader
- Understand the development processes in order to consider where structural changes can be made to improve the delivery of products
- Administer the promotional activity on Fleetway’s in-house marketing tool and ensure it effectively portrays the products to the customer
- Liaise with the loading team to ensure contracts for promotions are loaded correctly and on time
- Constantly monitor sales patterns to ensure all opportunities are fully utilised
- Assess the commercial and operational viability of new products including ensuring all health & safety guidelines are met
- Perform all necessary commercial analysis on the product before release (sales performance, margin, quality scores, etc.)
- Work closely with marketing to ensure all literature is accurate and look at ways in which products can be more effectively marketed and all inclusions are accurate
- Ensure that other areas of the business are fully briefed on new products (sales team, operations team, marketing, etc.)
- Be aware of competitor activity and devise necessary product responses
- To identify new booking and destination trends and act accordingly upon these
- Ability to create dynamic holiday packages using a range of suppliers
- Excellent commercial, negotiation, influencing and analytical skills
- Ability to develop close working relationship with suppliers to achieve optimum results
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills including the ability to prioritise work load as needed
- Flexible and adaptable with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge of additional European languages will be advantageous
- European and worldwide product knowledge
- Solid IT Systems (Internet booking systems, Amadeus, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High level of numerical and literacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel (Europe and International) if required
- 21 days paid holidays, increasing to 22 after 1 years’ service
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to experience Fleetway travel deals at a reduced rate
- Access to our employee benefits program provided by Perkbox (which includes cycle to work scheme, free phone insurance, £5 cinema tickets, many other discounts and benefits!)
If you think you are suited to this role please email your CV to email@example.com we would love to hear from you!