Job Title: Senior /Lead Java Developer
Reporting to: Head of IT Development
Location: Head Office, London
Who are we?
Fleetway is one of the UK’s most successful travel operators, creating and selling amazing travel experiences. We are ranked as the UK’s top travel agent according to Review Centre. Based in central London (near Marble Arch) we are growing rapidly in both, the UK and International Markets.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior / Lead Java Developer with a keen interest in working on middle and back end services linking our web UI with our data. You will be part of a skilled software team, building our applications to meet the needs of our customers.
About the role
The Senior/ Lead Java Developer will guide our software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and delivery. You will be part of a growing software development team, building our applications to meet the needs of our customers.
Senior/Lead Java Developer will:
- Work with the Project Manager to gather business and user requirements, detailing and prioritizing the work items using agile/scrum and estimating the delivery time-frame.
- Prepare and produce traceable releases of software components for our DevOps team
- Mentor and manage code reviews with other members of the team and guide the team with the principles of a Test Driven Development
- Apply effective Java standards and patterns in a Spring Restful Services framework
- Work with our testing team to provide postman service delivery testing
- Be a major force in our scrum huddles advising and assisting other members of the team
BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
Demonstrable experience as a java developer, together with proven experience as a senior/lead
A high level of expertise in:
- Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- SpringFramework and SpringBoot Framework
- Test Driven Development
- Docker and Tomcat
- Unit and System Testing
- Bamboo Build and Deployment plans
- Cloud Experience with AWS or GCP
- 21 days paid holidays, increasing to 22 days after 1 years’ service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to experience Fleetway travel deals at a reduced rate
- Access to our employee benefits program provided by Perkbox (which includes cycle to work scheme, free phone insurance, £5 cinema tickets, many other discounts and benefits!)
If you think you are suited to this role please apply with your CV with the reference (SLJD0619) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you! Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we expect to receive, we will not be able to respond to these individually. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks from the date of sending in your application, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.